So What Adventures are there to be had in the Greek Islands?
Everything is an adventure in the Greek Islands using our laid back definition.
You feel the same?
Well, come with us on those we have had and, look at places where future adventures are sure to happen. We are a pretty relaxed lot so there is nothing strenuous here!
However we always consider ourselves to be intrepid adventurers wherever we go. It matters not how simple the thing is that we do, basically we enjoy it all.
Our bigger adventures take place when we go off on our holiday trips whether in the UK or abroad, but our favourite location is the subject of this web site.
We have been visiting there on and off for a number of years, even as individuals before we were a family.
Why do we love it? Well ...
- The People
- The Sun
- The Sea
- The Scenery
- Balmy evenings
- Relaxed meals in local Tavernas
- The Cats
We could go on and probably will!
What do we find adventurous?
- Browsing the brochures whilst being snug by a winter fire
- Booking a holiday
- Planning and doing the packing
- Catching the plane/ferry
- Trying out the beaches
- Touring around
- Sailing the high (low?) seas
- Eating in tavernas
- Attempting to speak the language
- Fighting Mosquitos
- Buying doughnuts
- Shopping in local supermarkets
As we said, almost everything.
Here we share our adventures and provide some background information on the places we have visited. You will find more of an entertainment website documenting our adventures than a definitive guide to anywhere. There may useful snippets though.
There are hundreds of Islands and we can't pretend that we have visited them all but we will whet our appetites by exploring some of them in the virtual world for now. So if you are looking for relaxed, laid back adventures
Let's go to the Greek Islands ...
- About Us
- About Us - Who we are, and how we ended up creating this website
- Contact Us on Our Greek Islands Adventures
- Contact Us Form Page
- Greek Islands Blog
- News and Blog of the Greek Islands Adventures
- The Island of Paxos. An Unspoilt Greek Island in the Ionian.
- Many Greek Islands can be a bit touristy. Paxos, however, still retains good old Greek charm and is one of our favourite holiday destinations. Let us tell you a bit about it ...
- Kefalonia and the Steambears
- Kefalonia is the largest of the Ionian Islands of Greece. We went there before it became famous as the location of Captain Corellis's Mandolin
- Zakynthos Memories
- We needed some sunshine after 5 years. Zakynthos was the place to go!
- The Dodecanese Islands of Greece
- There are about 160 Greek Dodecanese Islands. Not all are inhabited. Find out a bit more about both the well known (e.g. Rhodes, Kalymnos) and the lesser known. What can you do and see there?
- Island of Crete. One of the Big Greek Islands
- The Island of Crete. A very hot and historically fascinating Island as we found out on our adventure there.
- The Greek Language - How to get by and say a few things
- The Greek Language and particularly the alphabet can be a bit tricky for tourists. But all you need is a few useful words and a bit of sign language and you'll get on fine.
- Sailing Greek Islands
- Want something more adventurous than a beach holiday? Sailing Greek Islands is a perfect way to combine sea, sun, relaxation and action, all in the wonderful Greek Islands
- Greek Food - Our Favourites
- Of all the possible varieties of Greek Food, there are our favourites that we always look forward to when visiting Greece. There are, of course, many traditional dishes for you to choose from
- A Travel Checklist takes the hassle out of Holiday Planning
- A Travel Checklist is a great way to make your holiday preparations trouble free. Here are some examples for you to copy and change to suit you own needs. Don't forget to check them before you go!!
- Greek Weather and the Greek Islands
- Check the Greek Weather. Wonder what sort of Greek Islands Weather you will get on holiday? Here is a helpful overview.
- Greek Islands News and Commentary
- Get the latest Greek Islands news. Add your two-penn'orth with your own news or comment on what's happening
- Greek Islands - Your Stories and Adventures
- The Stories from Visitors to the Greek Islands Adventures Website
- Greek-Islands-Adventures.com Search Results
- Search the Greek-Islands-Adventures.com website
- Greek Islands Related Websites for Those who like Relaxed Adventures
- A collection of websites related to the Greek Islands. They which may be of interest to those who like to travel either in fact or in an armchair.
- Not Greek Islands but Further Afield in the Same Spirit
- A collection of websites not directly related to the Greek Islands, but which are in the spirit of relaxed adventures. They which may be of interest to those who like to travel either in fact or in an armchair.
- About The Greek Islands
- About The Greek Islands. There are many islands in Greece. They vary from the quiet and traditional to the modern high life oriented ones. Theye are basically categorised into groups
If you have any questions or indeed any comments about Greek Islands Adventures,
please let us know by using the Contact Us form
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.